We apply strict criteria for tax liens to be allowed listed on our platform. Each tax lien will be assessed by us to the best way possible in order to avoid so called "junk" tax liens, where the value of the tax lien and cost of foreclosure procedure is higher than the value of property.
At minimum, tax liens on TaxLienDealer.com must meet the following requirements:
- Principal price of tax lien must be less than 5% of the property market value
- Not more than one prior year tax lien issued for the same property
- No Federal liens, criminal activity reports, or title issues on the property
- Real-estate must be located within close proximity to a large city and water
- Region must be economically steady, stable population levels and normal density
- Property must not be abandoned, preferably has current occupants
- Preferably owners are not elderly or any type of socially unprotected group
- Official Tax Collector and Property Appraisal records must match
- At least US$ 40,000 estimated profit difference between foreclosure costs and property market value
- No properties with condemned buildings or toxic contamination of land reports
- No fracking activities in surrounding areas, preferably no power plants or power lines in close proximity to real estate
Investment clubs using our platform may use their own variation of the selection criteria. However, generally all such criteria will be aiming to follow the above terms.